Thursday, March 08, 2007

Professional chapter closed

Phew! I finished working yesterday at the company I've been employed at for more than the past two and a half years. I had around 14 months of leave without pay during that time so it's really only 18 months. However the last six months have draaaaged, being employed in a less meaningful job since I returned from leave after having Romily. The position I had been in before I went on leave was exciting and strategic and professionally satisfying - it was moved interstate and I didn't want to go. The job I had upon returning to work was boring, cyclical, unsatisfying and unchallenging. Not what I look for in a job!


I also suspect, although can not prove it, that my boss found me a little difficul
t to manage, as I don't take rubbish lying down. I think she was happy to have me in a job where we had little interaction. So it all added up to me being very unhappy at work and not using my skills, knowledge or qualifications. Therefore I had two choices - deal with it or find another job! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have done just that :)

I am going back to work at the Department of Defence as a public servant (kno
wn as a civil servant in the US) in a job that sounds like it will be much more suited to me and I will be much suited to it. Let's hope so anyway! I have a week off before starting the new job and I'm planning to make the most of it! I am taking Romily down to Melbourne this weekend to visit friends and family and leaving Carl to have nearly three days of peace and quiet where it's just him and the cat!!

I am also going to Gymbaroo (Toddler Kindy) with Carl and Romily - I haven't been since I went back to work and then Romily wasn't walking. It should be a lot of fun to watch her participating in all the activities fully.

On the stitching front it's been very quiet. Too tired at night to do any. Hope to get a little done over the next couple of days and then I'll have something to show you.


In the meantime, another photo or two will have to do. We took Romily to the Australian National Botanic Gardens last weekend and she had a great time wandering around the place. So did we.

Gorgeous Eucaplypt

Carl & Romily with a lovely copper sundial

How could you resist this face?

Byeeee!

Water Dragon - can you see him?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lily

Found your site, your listing on australianblogs is wrong, shouldn't have the ".au" on the end.

Laura said...

Lily I have been spending some time catching up with you. Romily is a little doll and growing up. You and Carl are such wonderful parents as you do so much with her and let her experience so many things. And I loved the wedding photos, thanks for sharing!

Clare said...

Romily is getting more beautiful each day - I think she is beginning to take after her Mum. Know exactly what you mean about going back after maternity leave. My job just wasn't the same. Same boss, same people, but because I went part time I hated it. Couldn't wait to get out.